At-Home Peritoneal Dialysis
A growing number of doctors and people with chronic kidney disease agree that at-home dialysis—whether it’s peritoneal or hemodialysis—is the best option whenever possible. Why choose at-home?
- At-home dialysis improves your quality of life. You can lead a more normal work and social life.
- At-home dialysis improves outcomes. With longer or more frequent treatments, people who choose at-home dialysis usually have fewer food restrictions and take fewer medicines. Not only are they healthier overall—they live longer.
CHOOSE THE RIGHT TREATMENT FOR YOU
Meet Your Peritoneal Dialysis Treatment Team
Your peritoneal dialysis nurse
Your social worker
Fresenius Kidney Care customer service team
WAY TO THRIVE
Last—and definitely not least—you
- Be on time for all your training sessions and stay true to your dialysis treatment schedule.
- Always complete your full training and treatment time.
- Ask questions. Take notes. Learn as much as you can during training and going forward. You can never know too much.
- Take care of your catheter and exit site.
- Take your medicines as prescribed by your doctor.
- Keep your scheduled doctor and clinic appointments.
- Follow the customized meal plan given to you by your renal dietitian.
- Start an exercise routine, if your doctor gives you the okay.
- Always tell your treatment team about any changes or concerns you have with your health, your access site and your supplies and equipment.