Crunchy Green Bean Casserole
Topped with super crunchy panko breadcrumbs, crushed tortilla chips and cheese, this spicy green bean casserole isn’t your typical side dish. In fact, we’ll bet you’ve never enjoyed green beans this much!
: Serves 6 (1 serving = 3 ounces)
- 12 ounces of fresh string green beans, chopped to ~2" pieces (steam for 5–7 minutes in a microwave-safe plate, wrapped tight)
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- ¼ cup gorgonzola or sharp cheddar cheese, crumbled or shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted, melted
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- ½ cup plain unsalted tortilla chips, crushed
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.9 g|
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Mix cut string green beans with the hot sauce. Pour mixture into a casserole dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle mixture evenly over string green beans and bake green bean casserole uncovered in oven for 12–15 minutes or until desired crispness, then serve.