Jalapeño-Lime Turkey Burger with Smoked Mozzarella
Topped with smoked mozzarella cheese, these juicy grilled turkey burgers are filled with bold flavor from tangy lime zest—and jalapeños for a hint of heat. Delish!
: Serves 6 (1 serving = 1 burger)
- 1½ pounds ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño,* finely diced
- juice of 2 limes and zest** of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon French’s® Worcestershire sauce, reduced sodium
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup smoked mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||28 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.9 g|
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients plus 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Form 6 equal-sized turkey burger patties and lightly brush them with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- In a large nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat half of the canola oil on medium-high (a George Foreman® grill may also be used).
- Cook the burgers for 5–7 minutes per side, flipping once or until an internal temperature of 165° F is reached with an instant-read thermometer.
- Top each burger with about 2 tablespoons of cheese and melt in a toaster oven or an oven set to broil.
- Serve each turkey burger on a toasted bun. (If using a George Foreman® grill, once cooked, unplug the grill and add cheese to the burger. Leave the grill open and allow the cheese to slightly melt.)
*Tip: When handling or cutting jalapeño peppers, it is best to wear plastic or rubber gloves and do not touch your face. If you do not wear gloves, wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before touching your face or eyes.
**Tip: To zest, move a grating tool (e.g., zester, peeler, box grater) slowly back and forth across the peel. Be careful to remove only the outermost, colorful layer of the peel and not any of the bitter, white pith.