Crispy Cauliflower Phyllo Cups
Light, flaky phyllo pastry cups are filled with scrambled eggs, bacon, cauliflower, cheese and jalapeños, then baked to golden brown perfection. Perfect for brunch or any party spread.
: Makes 24 cups (1 serving = 1 phyllo cup)
- 3 eggs beaten and lightly scrambled
- ½ cup Swiss cheese, shredded, reduced sodium
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices bacon, natural and uncured, diced
- 1½ cups cauliflower, diced, cooked and drained well
- ¼ cup onions, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons jalapeños, diced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 sheets of phyllo dough
- Optional garnish: parsley and ground black pepper
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.3 g|
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large sauté pan, lightly scramble eggs, remove them from the pan and set them aside.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Sauté bacon until cooked. Add in onions, cauliflower, jalapeños and red pepper flakes and sauté until onions are translucent. Season with parsley and ground black pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in scrambled eggs and 2 cheeses.
- Layer 3 phyllo sheets.
- Cut sheets into 24 squares and press into lightly sprayed mini muffin tin pan.
- Fill each muffin cup with equal amounts of mixture and bake on the bottom shelf of the oven for 12–15 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges. Turn off oven and let rest for 2–3 minutes.
Optional: Garnish with parsley and ground black pepper.