Homemade Herbed Biscuits
Craving some kidney-friendly biscuits? We’ve got the recipe. Herbs, flour and some milk are all you need for these moist and savory biscuits—full of fresh-out-of-the-oven goodness.
: Serves 12 (1 serving = 1 biscuit)
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ⅔ cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons chives or any other herb, fresh or dry to taste
- nonstick cooking spray
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Next, spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, cream of tartar and baking soda. Then mix in mayonnaise with a fork until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and herbs, and add to the flour mixture. Stir until combined.
- Place heaping tablespoons on the cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Contributed by: Robin Diaz-Grady, Orland Park, Illinois.