Sweet Cornbread Muffins With Citrus Honey Butter
When it comes to muffins, these are the tops! They’re the perfect side to a main course, soup or salad. Served with citrus honey butter, they’re almost dessert! Sweet.
: 12 muffins (1 serving = 1 muffin)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ½ stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Honey Butter:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon orange extract
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, beat egg, milk and butter together until mixed well.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, cornmeal and baking soda, then fold into liquid ingredients until smooth. Be sure not to overbeat.
- Line muffin tins with muffin liner, fill each cup ¾ full and bake for 15–20 minutes on middle rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk honey butter ingredients until blended; spread on top of cornbread muffins or serve honey butter on the side.
TIP: Make into mini muffins and serve with soup or salad.