What could be better than the smell of freshly baked blueberry muffins wafting through your house at breakfast time? Enjoying every delicious bite.
: 12 muffins (1 serving = 1 muffin)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar (for topping)
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.3 g|
- Using a mixer set on low speed, blend margarine and sugar until creamy and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix until blended.
- Sift dry ingredients and add alternately with milk.
- Mash ½ cup blueberries and stir in by hand. Then add remaining blueberries and stir in by hand.
- Spray muffin cups and surface of pan with vegetable oil. Place muffins cups in tin.
- Pile muffin mixture high in each muffin cup. Sprinkle sugar over muffin tops.
- Bake at 375° F for 25–30 minutes. Cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before removing carefully.
TIP: Have leftover muffins? Serve toasted the next day.
Contributed by: The Council on Renal Nutrition of New England (CRNNE).