Cheesesteak meets quiche in this delicious mash-up. Whether you love quiche, cheesesteaks or both, you’ll find this delish dish right up your alley. Great eating for any time of the day.
: Serves 6 (1 serving = 1/6 quiche)
- ½ pound shaved sirloin steak meat, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cream
- 1" x 9" deep par-cooked prepared piecrust*
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
- Chop the shaved sirloin into coarse pieces.
- Sauté chopped steak and onions in a sauté pan with oil until meat is browned through. Set aside to cool slightly for 10 minutes. Fold in cheese and let sit.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and cream together with black pepper until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread steak and cheese mix onto bottom of par-cooked piecrust, then pour egg mixture over the top and bake at 350° F for 30 minutes.
- Cover cheesesteak quiche with foil and turn off oven. Let the quiche set for 10 minutes, then serve.
*Tip: To par-cook, prick crust with fork and bake for 5–7 minutes at 350° F, be sure not to let it burn; par-cooking is to prevent the shell from being soft and wet at the bottom and also from bubbling up or having the crust sag.