Chocolate Pancakes With Moon Pie Stuffing
It’s breakfast, but it tastes like dessert. Rich, creamy and oh so chocolaty—packed with 7 grams of protein per serving.
: 1 dozen 4-inch chocolate pancakes (1 serving = 1 chocolate pancake)
- Moon Pie Stuffing:
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup marshmallow cream
- Chocolate Pancakes:
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Body Fortress® vanilla whey protein powder
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Moon Pie Stuffing:
- Beat cocoa and heavy cream together until stiff peaks are formed.
- Whip in cream cheese, marshmallow cream and whey protein powder for about a minute or until well blended, but don’t overbeat. Cover and set aside in fridge.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside.
- Mix all the wet ingredients in medium-size bowl.
- Slowly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well mixed, but don’t over mix.
- Cook the pancakes on a lightly oiled griddle on medium heat or 375° F.
- Use about 1/8 cup of batter to form 4-inch pancakes, flipping when they start to bubble.
Top the first 12 pancakes with equal portions of the cream cheese mix; top those with the other 12 pancakes and serve dusted with powdered sugar.