Easy Turkey Breakfast Burritos
Want an easy but satisfying breakfast? Sauté ground turkey with onions, peppers and spices; combine with scrambled eggs and cheese; and serve in burrito wraps. Quick, easy and yummy.
: Serves 8 (1 serving = 1 6-inch burrito)
- 1 pound of ground turkey or use 1 pound leftover turkey meatloaf, cubed small
- 8 6-inch flour burrito shells
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 8 beaten eggs, scrambled
- ¼ cup diced onions
- ¼ cup fresh bell peppers (red, yellow or green), diced
- 2 tablespoons seeded jalapeño peppers
- 2 tablespoons fresh scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
- Sauté meatloaf, onions, peppers, scallions and cilantro in half the oil until translucent. Stir in spices and then turn off heat.
- Using another large sauté pan, set pan to medium-high heat and add in remaining oil and scrambled eggs.
- Place equal amounts of vegetable and meatloaf mix, cheese and eggs in burrito shells, then fold and serve.
TIP: To add lots of bold flavor, be sure to chop the leftover meatloaf into small cubes before you sauté with the onions, peppers, scallions and cilantro.