Southwest Baked Egg Breakfast Cups
Wake your taste buds up with these baked breakfast egg cups filled with savory rice, eggs, green chilies, pimentos and cheddar cheese. A yummy way to start any morning.
: Serves 12 (1 serving = 1 egg cup or 2.5 ounces)
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces green chilies, diced
- 2 ounces pimentos, drained and diced
- ½ cup skim milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.6 g|
- In a large bowl, combine rice, 2 ounces of cheese, chilies, pimentos, milk, eggs, cumin and pepper.
- Spray muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon mixture evenly into 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle top of each cup with the remaining 2 ounces of shredded cheese.
- Bake at 400° F for 15 minutes or until set.
Contributed by: Melissa Chodorowski, Markham, Illinois. Originally published in Renal Culinary Gourmet Cookbook.