Spicy Tofu Scrambler
A mixture of spices and veggies makes this vegan, protein-packed tofu scrambler a tasty breakfast alternative. You won’t even miss the eggs!
: Serves 2 (1 serving = ½ cup)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.2 g|
- In a medium-sized, nonstick skillet, sauté garlic and both bell peppers in olive oil.
- Rinse and drain tofu and crumble it into the skillet. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir and cook on low to medium heat until the tofu turns a slight golden brown, about 20 minutes. Water will evaporate out of the mixture.
- Serve tofu scrambler warm.
Contributed by: Carol Sowers, Roanoke, Virginia.