Stuffed Breakfast Biscuits
Grab breakfast in a biscuit. Stuffed with Cheddar cheese, egg and bacon, these tasty biscuits are perfect for a weekend breakfast.
: Serves 12 (1 serving = 1 biscuit)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or honey)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons softened unsalted butter (1 stick)
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 eggs scrambled, left a little wet (about 1 cup cooked)
- ¾ cup crisp, coarsely chopped reduced-sodium uncured bacon (an 8-ounce pack or 1¼ cup, uncooked)
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup thinly sliced scallions
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.6 g|
Mix all four filling ingredients together and set aside.
Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Cut in unsalted butter with a fork or pastry cutter until pea-size or smaller. Make a well in center of mix and knead in milk with fingers.
- Use ½ of the dough and spread out on a lightly floured surface, top with the egg filling mixture and then top with the remaining biscuit dough.
- Use a biscuit cutter (2 ½”) to cut out into rounds and place on a prepared baking sheet tray.
- Bake at 425° F for 10–12 minutes or until golden brown.
TIP: No biscuit cutter available? Use a juice glass to cut out the biscuits; add a little flour on the edge of the glass before you cut the dough.