Stuffed Breakfast Biscuits
Grab breakfast in a biscuit. Stuffed with Cheddar cheese, egg and bacon, these tasty biscuits are perfect for a weekend breakfast.
: Serves 12 (1 serving = 1 biscuit)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or honey)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons softened unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces (1¼ chopped) reduced-sodium bacon
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup scallions, thinly sliced
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Trans Fat||0.6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Prepare the filling:
- Scrambled eggs slightly undercooked.
- Cook the bacon until crispy.
- Mix all four ingredients together and set aside.
Prepare the dough:
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Cut in unsalted butter with a fork or pastry cutter until pea-size or smaller.
- Make a well in center of mix and knead in milk with and lemon juice.
- Prepare muffin tins with liner or lightly grease and flour the bottom and sides.
- Scoop ¼ cup of mix into the muffin tins.
- Bake at 425° F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
TIP: Freeze the leftover biscuits for a quick breakfast.