Sunburst Lemon Bars
Filled with tangy, lemony goodness, these glazed lemon bars make for an irresistible treat. A must for any citrus lover with a sweet tooth.
: Serves 24 (1 serving = 1 bar)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), unsalted, room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.3 g|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, powdered sugar and 1 cup of softened butter. Mix until crumbly. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 15–20 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the eggs slightly.
- In another bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cream of tartar and baking soda. Add the dry mixture to the eggs. Add the lemon juice to the egg mixture and whisk until slightly thickened.
- Pour over the warm crust and bake for another 20 minutes or until filling is set.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- In a small bowl, gradually stir the lemon juice into the sifted powdered sugar until spreadable. Add more or less lemon juice as needed.
- Spread over the cooled filling. Let the glaze set and then cut into 24 bars. Store extra lemon bars in the refrigerator.
Contributed by: Diane, Chicago, Illinois.