Bourbon-Glazed Skirt Steak
Tired of the same old steak? Get your glaze on with Chef McCargo! Mix bourbon, dark brown sugar, Dijon mustard, butter and spices to add mouthwatering flavor.
: Serves 8 (1 serving = 3 ounces)
- Bourbon Glaze:
- ¼ cup diced shallots
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 cup bourbon
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Skirt Steak:
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 pounds skirt steak
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.3 g|
- In small saucepan on medium-high heat, brown shallots in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Reduce heat to low, remove pan from stove, add bourbon and then place saucepan back on stove.
- Cook for 10–15 minutes, or until reduced by about one third.
- Add brown sugar, mustard and black pepper and stir until bubbly.
- Turn off heat and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of cold, cubed butter, stirring constantly until well incorporated.
- Mix first 5 ingredients in gallon-size sealable storage bag, add steaks and shake well.
- Allow steaks to marinate in bag at room temperature for 30–45 minutes.
- Remove steaks from bag, grill for 15–20 minutes each side, then remove and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with a drizzle of sauce; or leave whole and brush with glaze and put in preheated broiler for 4–6 minutes, or until desired look.
Optional Serving Suggestion:
Bourbon-Glazed Skirt Steak Sandwich
(1 serving = 4-inch sandwich)
Add sliced bourbon-glazed skirt steak to a toasted baguette roll, then top with gorgonzola cheese, caramelized onions and sautéed mushrooms for a great-tasting steak sandwich.