Cabbage-Onion-Sweet Pepper Medley
Get your veggies in this tasty rainbow medley of red, green and yellow peppers, onions and cabbage. Perfect as a side dish or vegetarian meal.
: Serves 4 (1 Serving = ¼ Recipe)
- ½ cup fresh red bell pepper
- ½ cup fresh green bell pepper
- ½ cup fresh yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup fresh onions, chopped
- 2 cups fresh cabbage, shredded
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons pepper
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
- Cut bell peppers into 2-inch-long thin strips.
- In large nonstick skillet, combine bell peppers, onion and cabbage, tossing gently.
- Combine vinegar and remaining ingredients in a jar, cover tightly and shake vigorously.
- Add to vegetable mixture, stirring gently.
- Saute over medium heat until the cabbage is tender and stir occasionally.
Contributed by: Ivy Boudreaux, Registered Dietitian, Fresenius Medical Care Loop, Chicago, Illinois. Originally published in Renal Culinary Gourmet Cookbook.