Chicken and Gnocchi Dumplings
Classic comfort food made kidney-friendly. This hearty, yet quick and easy chicken soup uses fresh gnocchi as the dumplings.
: Serves 10 (1 serving = 1 cup portion)
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 pound gnocchi (store bought)
- ¼ cup grape seed or light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon® Chicken Base (low sodium)
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken stock
- ½ cup fresh celery, finely diced
- ½ cup fresh onions, finely diced
- ½ cup fresh carrots, finely diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
- Place stockpot on stove, add oil and set to high heat.
- Place chicken in hot oil and brown on all sides until golden brown.
- Add celery, carrots and onions and continue to cook with chicken until translucent. Add chicken stock and let cook on high heat for 20–30 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add chicken bouillon, black pepper and Italian seasoning; then stir. Add gnocchi and cook for 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from stove, add parsley and serve.
TIP: Save extra soup for an easy leftover meal. It can be frozen until ready to defrost, heat and serve.