Classic Beef Stroganoff with Egg Noodles
Rich and flavorful, this take on the classic ground beef stroganoff dish calls for hearty, spiced meatballs tossed in a creamy sauce with lightly buttered, herbed egg noodles. Comfort food that’s simply delish!
: Serves 6 (1 serving = 10 ounces)
- 1 cup onions, finely diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons French’s® Worcestershire sauce, reduced sodium
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce, no salt added
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons Better Than Bouillon® beef, reduced sodium
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chives
- ½ package of wide egg noodles (12oz package), cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted, cold and cubed
- ¼ cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||32 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.8 g|
- In a large bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients and half of the black pepper. Add ground beef and mix well. Make 16 same-sized meatballs.
- In a large sauté pan on medium heat, cook stroganoff meatballs until browned. Slide all meatballs to one side and add oil and flour to the pan and stir until well-mixed. Add water, the remaining black pepper and bouillon, and then stir until thickened, for about 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in sour cream and chives, then serve over egg noodles.
- Add egg noodles to pot/large sauté pan with 2 tablespoons of water, heat and stir until warm, then turn off heat. Stir in butter, parsley and rosemary until everything is incorporated.