Fall Harvest Orzo Salad
Fall for the flavor! Diced apples, dried cherries, almonds, pepper, basil and blue cheese make this orzo salad sweet, savory and hearty.
: Serves 8 (1 serving = ½ cup)
- 4 cups cooked orzo, chilled (about 1 2/3 cups dried orzo)
- 1 cup dried cherries (dried cranberries may be substituted)
- 2 cups fresh apples, diced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ cup blanched almonds, chopped
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.5 g|
- In a medium-size bowl, add all the ingredients except blue cheese and almonds, gently combining until well incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving dish, sprinkle with the crumbled blue cheese and almonds and serve.