Herb-Crusted Roast Leg of Lamb
Rubbed with a blend of spices to enhance its natural flavor, this leg of lamb comes out tender and super juicy. Buy a bone-in leg if you want the most flavorful cut.
: Serves 12 (1 serving = 4 ounces)
- 1 4-pound leg of lamb
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup onions, sliced
- ½ cup dry vermouth
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place leg of lamb on a roasting pan. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Make paste with 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and the rest of the spices. Rub the paste onto the lamb.
- Roast lamb in 400° F oven for 30 minutes.
- Drain off fat and add vermouth and onions.
- Reduce heat to 325° F and cook for an additional 1¾–2 hours. Baste leg of lamb frequently. When internal temperature is 145° F, remove from oven and let rest 3 minutes before serving.
Contributed by: Agnes, Orland Park, Illinois.