Aromatic Herbed Rice
If you’re looking for a flavorful side dish that can be prepared in minutes, here it is. A blend of aromatic herbs helps create this fragrant, delicious—and fluffy—rice.
: Serves 6 (1 serving = ½ cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups cooked rice (don’t overcook)
- 4–5 cloves fresh garlic, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.8 g|
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil on medium-high heat and lightly sauté garlic. Add rice, herbs and red pepper flakes and continue to cook for 2–4 minutes or until well-mixed.
- Turn off heat, add vinegar, mix well and serve.