Follow your red bliss…potatoes, baked until slightly crispy and then drizzled in a honey-scallion butter sauce. This side dish pairs perfectly with a beef, chicken, turkey or pork entrée.
: Serves 5 (1 serving = 3-ounce portion)
- 1 pound red bliss potatoes quartered and parboiled (or, if you have the time, quarter and soak overnight)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup fresh scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ stick unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.8 g|
Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Drain potatoes and dry thoroughly.
- Toss potatoes in oil so they are well coated and place on baking sheet tray.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, turning midway to brown evenly on all sides.
- Place remaining ingredients (except butter) in medium-size bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove bowl and whisk in butter until mixture is a syrupy consistency.
- Toss potatoes in bowl and mix until coated, then serve.
TIP: Boiling and rinsing potatoes, even for 5 minutes, can reduce the potassium level by one third.