Mediterranean Green Beans
: Serves 4 (1 serving = 1 cup)
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed to 1- to 2-inch pieces
- ¾ cup water
- 2 ½ teaspoons olive oil
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.7 g|
- Bring water to a boil in large, nonstick skillet; add beans, cook 3 minutes; then drain and set aside.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat and add oil; add garlic and beans; and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add juice and pepper and sauté 1 minute longer.
TIP: Use lemon juice instead of salt to bring out the flavors in food.
Contributed by: Michelle Suddath, Dietitian. Originally published in Renal Culinary Gourmet Cookbook.