Love catfish, but craving some crunch? Cook it up in a coating of pesto sauce mixed with flaky panko bread crumbs, mozzarella, onion and spices!
: Serves 6 (1 serving = 5-ounce portion)
- 2 pounds catfish (boned and filleted) 6 5-ounce pieces
- 4 teaspoons pesto
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Chef McCargo’s Signature Seasoning Blend:
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 mg|
|Dietary Fiber||0.8 g|
Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Mix all the seasonings in small bowl and begin to sprinkle even amounts on both sides of fish.
- Spread equal amounts of pesto (1 teaspoon each) on topside of filets and set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix cheese, oil and bread crumbs and dredge pesto side of fish in mixture until well coated.
- Grease or spray baking sheet tray liberally with oil and lay fish pesto side up on sheet tray leaving space between filets.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes at 400° F or until desired brownness on bottom rack.
- Let rest for 10 minutes after cooking and removing from tray to prevent fish from breaking.
TIPS: Make an extra serving of Chef McCargo’s signature seasoning blend and use it to spice up your other dishes. For another twist on this tasty recipe, substitute chicken or turkey for catfish.