Sauce-less BBQ Baby Back Ribs
Ribs cook up crispy, juicy and tasty with Chef McCargo’s special BBQ spice rub. A flavorful blend of dark brown sugar, smoked paprika, pepper, garlic, onion and chili powder make these ribs blue-ribbon worthy.
: Serves 12 (1 serving = 1/6 slab or 1/3 pound bone-in raw weight)
- 2 slabs (about 3½ pounds) baby back ribs
- 12 mini-ears corn on the cob, fresh or frozen
- 1 portion of rub
- Chef McCargo’s BBQ Spice Rub (mix all ingredients together):
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons dehydrated onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons dark chili powder
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||39 g|
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
|Trans Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.4 g|
Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Rub down both slabs of ribs on both sides with rub mixture.
- Place ribs on wire rack-lined tray. Wrap tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 1½ to 2 hours.
- Remove from oven and take off foil. Using tongs, set ribs aside. Drain liquids from the pan, then place ribs back on tray.
- Cook for an additional 15 minutes or until desired crispness.
- Let rest for 5–10 minutes, then cut and serve.
To microwave corn on the cob, use a microwave-safe 9” x 9” casserole pan. Stand all the mini-ears of corn on end in the dish. Pour about ½ inch of water into the dish. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Microwave 5–7 minutes on high.
TIP: Make extra spice rub and use it to kick up the flavor of beef or chicken.
Option to prepare on grill:
Indirect cooking in a barbecue pit is recommended to prevent burning.
- Cook ribs at 250° F (curled side of ribs facing up) for the first 3 hours, then increase the temperature to 300° F for the final 3 hours.
- To grill corn on the cob, shuck each ear of corn, removing husk and any remaining silk strands. Wrap the corn in aluminum foil and place on the grill for approximately 25 minutes, turning occasionally, until corn is tender.