Slow-Cooked Cranberry Pork Roast
Delicious and simple, a mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon, cranberries and honey are used to make a sweet and flavorful marinade/sauce for this slow-cooked pork roast. Slice and serve with a spoonful of sauce.
: Serves 12 (1 serving = 4 ounces)
- 4 pounds center cut pork roast
- ½ teaspoon salt*
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cranberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel (zest)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.3 g|
- Sprinkle pork roast with salt and pepper. Place in a slow cooker or crock-pot.
- Combine remaining ingredients, pour over the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8–10 hours.
- Remove roast from the slow cooker and slice into 24 slices. Top with a spoonful of drippings.
*Tip: To further reduce sodium, leave out the salt.
Contributed by: Leslie J., Chicago, Illinois. Originally published in Renal Culinary Gourmet Cookbook.