Slow-Cooked Lemon Chicken
Light and lemony, this slow-cooker chicken recipe requires little prep and minimal ingredients to make moist, tender chicken breasts. A perfect slow-cooker meal anytime, it’s especially nice for spring and summer.
: Serves 4 (1 serving = 4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- ¼ cup chicken broth, low sodium
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.3 g|
- Combine oregano and ground black pepper in a small bowl. Rub mixture on the chicken.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Brown the chicken in the melted butter and then transfer the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Place chicken broth, water, lemon juice and garlic in the skillet. Bring it to a boil so it loosens the browned bits from the skillet. Pour over the chicken.
- Cover, set slow cooker on high for 2½ hours or low for 5 hours.
- Add basil and baste chicken. Cover, cook on high for an additional 15–30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Contributed by: Leslie J, Chicago, Illinois.