Sweet and Crunchy Coleslaw
Sweet onion, celery seed and a dash of mustard add flavor and crunch to this new twist on classic coleslaw. Serve as a side with lunch or dinner.
: Serves 12 (1 serving = ½ cup)
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- ½ cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon yellow prepared mustard
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
- Mix shredded cabbage and chopped onion in a large bowl.
- In a blender, blend all other ingredients until well combined.
- Pour dressing over cabbage and onion. Mix well and refrigerate.
- Serve cold.
Contributed by: Suzanne Higa, Social Worker, Fresenius Medical Care Pearlridge, Aiea, Hawaii.