Tex Mex Bowl
Think kidney-friendly eating is bland? Not so! This delicious meal has a bit of a spicy kick, yet the ingredients are almost entirely plant-based. Plants pack a ton of fiber and anti-inflammatory nutrients to help you feel great and live longer. Whole, less-processed fruits, veggies, beans, seeds, nuts and whole grains are the healthiest go-tos for snacks, meals and even desserts.
: Serves 4 (1 serving = 10 chips and 1 Tex Mex Bowl)
- 2 cups white quinoa, cooked as directed with 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 cups black beans, canned, low sodium
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 cup regular cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup regular sour cream, cultured
- 4 tablespoons green onion tops, fresh
- 40 unsalted tortilla corn chips
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||13 g|
- Drain, rinse and heat black beans.
- Layer ½ cup cooked quinoa into each bowl.
- Add ½ cup black beans to each bowl.
- Add ½ cup lettuce to each bowl.
- Top each bowl with 2 tablespoons salsa, ¼ cup cheese, 2 tablespoons sour cream and 1 tablespoon green onions.
- Serve with 10 tortilla chips and enjoy!