Thai Noodles with Sweet & Spicy Grilled Chicken
Tender grilled chicken and an Asian blend of spices gives this Thai noodle dish layers of exotic flavor. Drizzle with honey and lime juice to add an extra zing at the finish.
: Serves 7 (1 serving = 12 ounces)
- ½ package angel hair pasta (about 4 cups)
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into small chunks (about 6 pieces) and pounded
- 4 cups napa cabbage, chopped
- ½ cup sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh Thai chilies, chopped
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 2 tablespoons Better Than Bouillon® chicken, reduced sodium
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- ½ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce, reduced sodium
- ¼ cup scallions
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- ¼ cup honey plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup mandarin oranges slices, drained well
- Optional garnish: 6–8 lime wedges
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.9 g|
- In a small bowl, mix garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, ½ cilantro & ½ scallions, black pepper, red pepper, honey and five-spice with half of the sesame seed oil.
- Place the chicken and a quarter of the marinade/dressing in a storage bag and let marinate for at least one hour or overnight. Grill the chicken for 2 minutes on each side, then remove and let rest.
- Cook angel hair pasta according to the directions on the box.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the remaining sesame seed oil and sauté the chopped chilies, onions, the remaining cilantro and cabbage and sauté until slightly browned.
- Add peanut butter, chicken bouillon and pasta and stir until heated through.
- Turn off heat and toss in carrots and grilled chicken. Pour onto large platter and garnish with cilantro leaves, the remaining scallions and mandarin oranges.
Optional: Garnish with 6–8 lime wedges.
Tip: If you prefer extra spice in this Thai noodle dish, use 2 tablespoons of chopped Thai chilies.