Zesty Orange Tilapia
Fresh orange zest gives this mild and succulent fish a citrusy flavor boost. Julienned veggies add texture for a simple and delicious meal.
: Serves 4 (1 serving = 4 ounces)
- 16 ounces tilapia
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- ¾ cup celery, julienned
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel (zest)
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.7 g|
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- In a small bowl, mix carrots, celery, green onions and orange zest together.
- Cut the tilapia into 4 equal portions. Tear off 4 large squares of foil and spray foil with nonstick spray.
- Place ¼ of the vegetables on each piece of the foil slightly off center and top with the fish. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of orange juice on top of each. Season with ground black pepper.
- Fold the foil over and crimp the edges to make an envelope or pouch and place the foil packets on a baking sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes (3–5 minutes longer if the fish is thick). Fish should separate easily with a fork when done.
- Remove the pouches and place directly onto the plates. Be careful when opening due to the steam.
Contributed by: Franklin Mills, Vero Beach, Florida.