Chilled Veggie and Shrimp Noodle Salad
Quick and easy. Just toss shrimp and spaghetti together with broccoli, carrots, shitake mushrooms, fresh garlic and ginger! It’s the perfect all-in-one summer meal you can enjoy for lunch or dinner.
: Serves 10 (1 serving = 1 3/4 cup)
- 1 pound package of dry Spaghetti, noodles cooked and chilled (don’t rinse)
- 4 cups cooked cocktail shrimp, peeled, deveined, tailless and cut in half; or 14-ounce pack of cooked salad shrimp
- 1 cup fresh scallions, sliced on the bias
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh carrots, shredded
- 2 cups fresh shitake mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce substitute (recipe below)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes) and zest of 1 lime (1 tablespoon)
- Low-Sodium Soy Sauce Substitute (makes 1 cup):
- 4 teaspoons Better Than Bouillon® Chicken Base (low sodium)
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dark molasses
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ cups water
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
- Combine ingredients for soy sauce substitute in small saucepan.
- Stir on medium heat. Allow to reduce and thicken slightly to about 1 cup. Store remainder in refrigerator.
- Then, mix first 6 ingredients together in large bowl and set aside.
- Blend remaining ingredients together in blender until well incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Pour dressing mixture over pasta mixture. Toss until well coated, then serve.