Crunchy Quinoa Salad
This crunchy, colorful quinoa salad combines the nutty flavor of protein-packed quinoa with tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, fresh mint and parsley. Spoon the salad onto Bibb lettuce leaf “cups” for even more cool crunch.
: Serves 8 (1 serving = ½ cup)
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 5 cherry tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup cucumbers, seeded and diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind (zest)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ head Boston or Bibb lettuce, separated into cups
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.3 g|
- Rinse quinoa under cold running water until clear, then drain well.
- Place quinoa in a pan over medium-high heat and toast for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover pan and simmer for 8–10 minutes. Let cook and fluff with a fork.
- Combine the tomatoes, cucumbers and onions with the herbs, lemon juice, zest and olive oil. Add the cooled quinoa to the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into lettuce cups, then sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
Contributed by: Vicky G., Chicago, Illinois.