Knock-Your-Socks-Off Chicken Broccoli Stromboli
Mix chicken, broccoli, fresh garlic, oregano, basil, red pepper and grated mozzarella. Then wrap it all up in yummy pizza dough and bake to perfection.
: Serves 4 (1 serving = ¼ of stromboli)
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough (Note: dough can be purchased at some local pizzerias as well as grocery stores)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, blanched
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup shredded low-salt mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Mix chicken, cheese, pepper flakes, broccoli, garlic and oregano in large bowl and set aside.
- Dust tabletop with flour and roll out dough until you reach an 11” x 14” rectangular shape.
- Place chicken mixture about 2 inches from the edge of the dough, along the longest side.
- Roll and pinch the ends and seam until tightly sealed (a fork can be used to crimp edges for a tight seal).
- Brush the top with olive oil and make 3 small slits on the top of the dough.
- Bake 8–12 minutes or until golden brown on lightly oiled baking sheet tray.
- Remove, let sit for 3–5 minutes, then slice and serve.