Lemon Orzo Spring Salad
It don’t mean a thing if your spring salad ain’t got that zing! Rev up an orzo salad with lemon zest and Vidalia onions. Add Parmesan cheese and rosemary and savor the flavor.
: Serves 4 (1 serving = 1 ½ cup portion)
- ¾ cup or ¼ box orzo pasta
- ¼ cup fresh yellow peppers, diced
- ¼ cup fresh red peppers, diced
- ¼ cup fresh green peppers, diced
- ½ cup fresh red or Vidalia onion, diced
- 2 cups fresh zucchini, medium-cubed
- ¼ cup and 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
- Cook orzo pasta according to box directions, drain and let sit. (Do not rinse.)
- Sauté peppers, onions and zucchini on medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons of oil in large pan until translucent.
- Mix lemon juice, lemon zest, ¼ cup olive oil, cheese, rosemary, pepper, oregano and red pepper flakes in a large bowl.
- Add sautéed vegetables and orzo pasta into the large bowl and fold gently until well mixed.
- Chill or serve at room temperature.