Spicy Veggie Vindaloo with Naan
Slightly spicy and savory, this Indian-style curry is filled with sautéed vegetables and protein-packed quinoa for an exotically flavored dish. Perfect for vegetarians—and non-vegetarians alike!
: Serves 6 (1 serving = 1 mini naan bread)
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil, ghee oil or canola oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- ¼ cup eggplant, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup zucchini, diced
- ¼ cup cauliflower
- ½ cup mixed red and green peppers, diced
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup paneer or queso fresco
- 4–6 mini Indian naan bread
- Seasoning mix:
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, ground
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Optional garnish: 2 tablespoons sour cream and lime wedges
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4.1 g|
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil on medium-high, then add the shallots, eggplant, zucchini, cauliflower and mixed peppers and sauté for 2–4 minutes. The vegetables should be slightly translucent and still crunchy. Add the seasoning mix and stir until well-mixed.
- Turn off heat and stir in the cooked quinoa, lime juice, cilantro and cheese.
- Serve either hot or cold. TO SERVE HOT: Spread veggie mix evenly on top of warm naan bread. TO SERVE CHILLED: Chill filling. Then add evenly to naan bread.
Optional: Serve with sour cream and/or lime wedges.