Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Score big on game day! Made with ground chicken, hot sauce, chopped garlic and a sprinkling of blue cheese, these Buffalo chicken meatballs win fans every time.
: Serves 4–6 (1 serving = 3 meatballs)
- 1 pound ground chicken (or ground turkey)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh scallions, chopped
- Canola oil (to grease the baking sheet tray)
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- ¼ cup blue cheese
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.3 g|
- Mix egg, panko bread crumbs, mayonnaise, garlic, scallions and black pepper in medium-size bowl. Add ground chicken and mix thoroughly.
- Form mixture into 14–18 meatballs. Place meatballs on greased baking sheet tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Then place meatballs in round or square 8”x 8” casserole dish and pour hot sauce over meatballs and stir gently to coat.
- Bake additional 3–5 minutes on broil or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Top with a sprinkle of blue cheese. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
TIP: Double the recipe and refrigerate half of the baked meatballs at 40° F or below, immediately or within 2 hours of preparation. Then just thaw, heat and serve for another quick dinner or snack.