Chewy Lemon-Ginger-Coconut Cookies
Why settle for one flavor when you can have three? Made with lemon zest, fresh ginger and toasted coconut, these chewy cookies make the perfect dessert or afternoon treat.
: 2 dozen cookies (1 serving = 1 cookie)
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped or grated
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 cup toasted coconut (unsweetened)
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.4 g|
Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spread unsweetened coconut on baking sheet tray, bake until edges are light brown, about 5–10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside in a bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg, lemon juice, chopped ginger and lemon zest and mix until smooth.
- Sift together flour and baking soda. Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture and mix until well blended.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Scoop out tablespoon-size balls and roll them in the toasted coconut. Place balls at least 2 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheet tray.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes until lightly brown on edges. Remove and cool on counter or a cool surface.