Dry-Rubbed Barbecue Turkey Wings
Rub your turkey wings the right way with Chef McCargo’s special blend of barbecue spices. So delicious, better grab them before they fly off the plate!
: Serves 7 (1 serving = 1 wing with 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce)
- 7 whole turkey wings
- Chef McCargo’s Barbecue Spice Rub (mix all ingredients together):
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons dehydrated onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons dark chili powder
- 14 tablespoons of your favorite low-sodium barbecue sauce (2 tablespoons per wing)
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.6 g|
Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Pat wings dry and pierce with fork on both sides.
- Rub wings liberally with spice rub, saving 1 tablespoon for later.
- Place wings on baking sheet tray and bake wrapped with foil for 30 minutes. Remove wings from oven and discard foil, flip over and cook for an additional 30 minutes. Sprinkle rest of seasoning on wings and flip back over.
- Turn off oven and let wings sit in oven for 15 minutes, then serve with a side of low-sodium barbecue sauce.