Festive Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
Make these classic, easy and delightful sugar cookies—and every day can feel like a holiday. Use simple or playful cookie cutters and sprinkle with colored sugar. Get creative and get oohs and aahs!
: Serves 48 (1 serving = 1 cookie)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, unsalted, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg, separated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- Optional garnish: colored sugar
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.2 g|
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, butter, cream cheese, salt, almond extract, vanilla extract and egg yolk. Blend well. Stir in flour until well-blended.
- Chill cookie dough for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough, one third at a time to 1–inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes with lightly floured cookie cutters.
- Place them 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Leave cookies plain, or if desired, brush with slightly beaten egg white and sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake cream cheese cookies for 7–9 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cool completely before serving.
Contributed by: Pat Cooper, Chicago, Illinois.