Not Too Spicy for Your Mama Chipotle Wings
Tasty, yes, but not too spicy. Just what’s in Chef McCargo’s sauce? Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, honey, butter, black pepper and chives. Oooh, Mama!
: Serves 4 (1 serving = 4 pieces)
- 1 pound fresh jumbo chicken wings cut in pieces or 20 individual pieces
- Oil for greasing baking sheet tray
- 1½ tablespoons diced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce*
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, slightly melted
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- *Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce are available in cans in the Latino/Mexican/ethnic food aisle of most grocery stores.
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place the precut wings on a large greased nonstick baking sheet tray.
- Bake for 18–20 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time or until crispy on the outside and reaching an internal temperature of 165° F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a large bowl and combine with a rubber spatula, until well mixed.
- Remove the wings from the oven and toss in the sauce until evenly coated. Transfer to a large platter and serve.
*Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce are available in cans in the Latino/Mexican/ethnic food aisle of most grocery stores.
TIP: Not Too Spicy for Your Mama Sauce can also be brushed on chicken breasts or roasted chicken to spice up your poultry.