Very Berry Bread Pudding
What makes this easy-to-make bread pudding so berry delicious? A tasty medley of mixed berries combined with warm spice notes of orange zest, cinnamon and vanilla.
: Serves 10 (1 serving = 1 cup portion)
- 8 cups cubed challah bread
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 12-ounce bag of frozen berry medley, thawed
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Whipped cream
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.8 g|
Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Beat eggs, sugar, cream, orange zest, vanilla and cinnamon until smooth.
- Mix in bread cubes and fruit with hands.
- Pour into buttered/greased pan and bake covered in foil for 35 minutes. If using butter, make sure it is unsalted.
- Remove foil and bake for 15 additional minutes.
- Turn off oven and let sit in oven for 10 minutes.
- Cut, then serve topped with whipped cream.
TIPS: Serve as a special breakfast treat or for holiday brunch. If you wish to store or make it ahead of time, Very Berry Bread Pudding can be frozen until ready to thaw and reheat.