Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 2—Early Stage CKD
Kidney damage with mild to moderate loss of kidney function, eGFR of 60–89
- Preserve adequate kidney function.
- Manage any underlying conditions, including diabetes or high blood pressure.
- Get treatment for existing medical conditions.
- Reduce the risk of complications.
What you can do:
- See your doctor about a kidney disease screening blood test and address any other health issues. Most symptoms of CKD don't show up until later stages, if at all, so testing is important.
- Learn all you can about chronic kidney disease—and consider taking a class.
- Make healthy lifestyle choices—quit smoking, exercise, eat well, reduce stress and get enough sleep.
- Take all medications exactly as prescribed.
- Talk to your doctor before using over-the-counter medications.
- Check out additional resources for CKD information.
- Get support from your family, friends, doctor and your counselor, if you have one.