- Understanding Chronic Kidney Disease
- Kidney Disease Stages
- How Kidneys Work
- What to Expect
- Managing Kidney Disease
- Take Our Free Class – KidneyCare:365
Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 2—Early Stage CKD
Kidney damage with mild loss of kidney function, eGFR of 89–60
- Identify and treat any underlying conditions, including high blood pressure, diabetes and/or infection.
- Slow down the progression of chronic kidney disease (CKD) to reduce the risk of complications.
What you can do:
- At stage 2 kidney disease, see your primary care physician (PCP) regularly to monitor your health. Ask for your current eGFR and monitor your rate regularly.
- Learn all you can about chronic kidney disease—and consider taking a class.
- Make healthy lifestyle choices—quit smoking, exercise, eat well, reduce stress and get enough sleep.
- Take all medications exactly as prescribed and talk to your PCP before taking any
- Check out additional resources for CKD information.
- Get support from your family, friends, doctor and your counselor (if you have one).
TAKE OUR FREE
Learn about kidney function, nutrition, treatment options and how to thrive with kidney disease.