- Understanding Chronic Kidney Disease
- Kidney Disease Stages
- What to Expect with CKD
- Managing Kidney Disease
- Understanding Acute Kidney Injury
- How Kidneys Work
- Take a FREE CLASS on Kidney Disease
About UsAbout Us
Our Heritage: Over 100 Years of Innovation
In 2015, underscoring its commitment to improve the lives of people with chronic kidney disease (CKD) and end stage renal disease (ESRD), Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) branded its kidney and dialysis services division as Fresenius Kidney Care. However, our heritage goes back over 100 years.
Take a trip through time and learn about all the companies that contributed to who we are today.
Fresenius Kidney Care has the most top-rated dialysis centers in America.
Did you know?
- Our heritage dates back to 1462 to a pharmacy in Germany
- FMCNA’s first Chairman and CEO developed the hollow fiber and revolutionized the dialysis industry
- We pioneered the use of dialysis, both in-center and at-home