- Understanding Chronic Kidney Disease
- Kidney Disease Stages
- What Is a Nephrologist?
- What to Expect with CKD
- Kidney Disease Management
- Managing Medications
- Understanding Acute Kidney Injury
- How Kidneys Work
- Take a FREE CLASS on Kidney Disease
About UsAbout Us
As the worldwide leader in the treatment of renal disease, Fresenius Kidney Care holds itself to the highest standards of kidney care—across every aspect of our company. From treatment and education to communication and support, we strive to better our services and performance so that we may best serve you.
Top-Rated Dialysis Centers
Fresenius Kidney Care facilities have consistently earned strong ratings in clinical quality as measured by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Five-Star Quality Rating System. This system awards 1 to 5 stars to dialysis facilities based on a series of measurements around each facility’s clinical performance and patient outcomes. The Five-Star systems helps people make more informed decisions when choosing their dialysis facility.
“Your staff is incredible. They are extremely professional and truly care. It starts when I walk through the door and I am greeted with hellos from everyone who is working that day.”
—Fresenius Kidney Care
in-center dialysis patient
YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY ARE OUR TOP PRIORITY
Fresenius Kidney Care is dedicated to providing you with the highest-quality care and support in every circumstance. Learn how we’re working to keep you and our employees safe during COVID-19.
4 tips for choosing the dialysis provider that’s right for you
There are many considerations when choosing a dialysis provider. You’ll want to learn all you can so you can make an informed decision. For detailed information, call the dialysis center you’re interested in to get answers to your specific questions. As you learn more about the industry, here are some things to think about.
- What do the scores and ratings really mean to you? Decide what’s most important to you in a dialysis provider and look at any rankings, scores, and ratings with those priorities in mind. Does the provider have high quality rankings from valid organizations in the areas that mean the most to you?
- Are online reviews important? As with most industries, you’ll likely see a range of online reviews. Consider what motivates people to write reviews and whether the review is really relevant to your interests. Reach out to the dialysis center you’re considering, talk to people that work there, and get your questions answered. If you read something you’re unsure about, ask about it directly. You may also be able to take a virtual tour or schedule a tour at the center.
- Will you get the level of support you need? Consider the network of support, care, and information offered at each facility. Will you have access to experts who can help you understand complicated information, insurance, and finances, or the ins and outs of living with kidney disease? If you have an issue, how will your needs be addressed?
- Will the dialysis provider work for you long-term? Going on dialysis is a big step and it’s important to think about both short- and long-term care. Consider whether the provider offers treatment options that will work with your lifestyle now and in the future. Ask about ongoing engagement and education.