- Understanding Chronic Kidney Disease
- Kidney Disease Stages
- How Kidneys Work
- What to Expect
- Managing Kidney Disease
- Take a FREE CLASS on Kidney Disease
Welcome to the Kidney Care Community
- Kidney Disease
- Dialysis Treatment Options
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Home Hemodialysis
- In-Center Hemodialysis
- Kidney Transplant
- New to Dialysis
- Diet and Exercise
- Kidney Function Labs
- Coping and Support
- Caregivers and Family
- Share Your Thrive On Story
- Costs & Insurance
Within these topics, you'll find people sharing support, helpful tips, and more. You can take comfort in discussion with others, and learn from people with different perspectives and experiences.
Learning, connecting and sharing knowledge
We created this community to bring together people from all over who have a shared experience. It’s a place to connect, learn, and empathize.
- You can read others’ experiences. For example, what can you expect when you get “the call” about a potential kidney transplant?
- You can make connections. If you’re on home dialysis, you can use the community to connect with people on home dialysis and others on their kidney care journey.
- You can share your own stories. Sharing the things that you wish you knew starting out can support and inspire others who are in that position now. Sometimes your experiences can help other people in ways you might not expect or realize.
The Kidney Care Community is a unique place for people sharing similar journeys. Being able to connect with people who know what you're going through firsthand is a powerful experience—that can make a world of difference.
Meet Gloria of Jacksonville, Florida, who is living her life to the fullest despite her diagnoses of diabetes and kidney failure. See how she has adjusted...
Navigating ESRD and Medicare
You may know that US citizens and permanent residents become eligible for Medicare around their 65th birthday...