Thriving On Dialysis
Make Exercise Part of Your Every Day
- Enhances your mood
- Helps your body become stronger
- Increases flexibility
- Relieves stress
Simple steps to get started
- Choose an activity you’ll enjoy. This is absolutely the number-one thing to consider. You’re much more likely to keep doing something you love.
- Start slowly and sensibly. You don’t have to run a marathon on your first day. Just dedicate 10 or 15 minutes to something as simple as walking around your neighborhood or actively cleaning your house—and build from there.
- Exercise with a friend. You can motivate each other—the buddy system really works.
- Use a smartphone or pedometer. Consider wearing a pedometer or downloading an app to track your exercise progress and provide encouragement to keep you going.
- Set goals and reward yourself for reaching them!