Dried Cranberry Fruit Bars
Treat yourself! Enjoy yummy cranberry topping layered on a buttery crust and dusted with powdered sugar. It’s the perfect holiday treat or afternoon pick-me-up!
: 24 fruit bars (1 serving = 1 bar)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.6 g|
Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In medium-size bowl, stir sugar and flour together; cut in unsalted butter until mixture clings together. Pat into ungreased 9” x 13” baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- In small bowl, make topping by sifting flour and baking powder together. Toss in dried cranberries. Set aside.
- In medium-size bowl, mix sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture. Pour into baked crust. Bake for 20–25 minutes.
- Cut into 24 bars while warm and dust with powdered sugar.
Contributed by: Myrna A., Fresenius Medical Care Aloha Dialysis, Honolulu, Hawaii.