Adobo-Marinated Tilapia Tapas
Add zest to tilapia with a spicy homemade adobo sauce. Serve in crispy wonton cups and top with crunchy coleslaw. Perfect as a dinner appetizer, snack or light meal.
: Serves 12 (1 serving = 4 wonton cups)
- 6 3-ounce pieces of tilapia filets
- 48 small wonton wrappers
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Adobo Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons Spanish paprika
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Slaw Mix:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh green scallions, sliced thin on the bias
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, rough cut
- 4 cups fresh cabbage (shredded slaw mix)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
Nutrition Per Serving
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.1 g|
Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Mix all adobo ingredients together until well mixed and set aside.
- Marinate fish filets in ½ cup of adobe sauce for 30 minutes.
- Lightly oil baking sheet tray and bake fish for 15 minutes at 400° F, flipping halfway. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Mix mayo, remaining adobo sauce, garlic, scallions and cilantro together in medium-size bowl until well blended. Add cabbage and gently mix until coated.
- Spray a miniature muffin pan with cooking spray. Line the muffin cups with one wonton wrapper.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 350° F, let cool and remove crispy wontons from the pan.
- Place equal portions of fish (cut or break into 48 pieces) on wontons and top with equal amounts of slaw mix. Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve.